Being a published author is an accomplishment; having your published work cited in an actual court decision is a rare badge of honor, signifying that a judge deemed your work worthy enough to be included in judicial authority and precedent.
It means your publication has been forever woven into the fabric of the law itself. Some of the highest courts in the Nation have accorded this great honor to the published work of our partners.
Some of those court citations include:
- Office and Professional Employees International Union, Local 2 v. Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., 962 F.2d 63 (D.C. Cir. 1992). The decision was written by the Hon. Ruth Bader Ginsburg, shortly before she became a Justice of the United States Supreme Court.
- Pacific Mutual Life Ins. Co. v. First RepublicBank Corp., 997 F.2d 39 (5th Cir. 1993).
- United States v. Hauert, 40 F.3d 197 (7th Cir. 1994).
- In re Grabill, 967 F.2d 1152 (7th Cir. 1992).
- In re Handel, 301 B.R. 421 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 2003).
- Harvis Tries & Beck, P.C. v. Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. (In re Blackwood Associates, L.P.), 187 B.R. 856 (Bankr. E.D.N.Y. 1995).
- Kraus-Thomson Organization, Ltd. v. McCorhill Publishing, Inc. (In re McCorhill Publishing, Inc.), 90 B.R. 633 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. 1988).
- Eisenberg v. Guardian Group, Inc. (In re Adams, Browning & Bates, Ltd.), 70 B.R. 490 (Bankr. E.D.N.Y. 1987).
- In re Mortgage & Realty Trust, 125 B.R. 575 (Bankr. C.D. Cal. 1991).
- In re Windmill Farms Management Corp., 116 B.R. 755 (Bankr. S.D. Cal. 1990).
- In re Mueller, 256 B.R. 445 (Bankr. D. Maryland 2000).
- Goff v. Internal Revenue Service (In re Goff), 180 B.R. 193 (Bankr. W.D. Tenn. 1995).
- Rude v. Whitehorn (In re Whitehorn), 99 B.R. 734 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 1989).
The above list is not exhaustive, and does not necessarily reflect the most recent court citations. A search of public and commercially available databases will indicate additional and more recent court decisions citing the published work of our partners.
CITATIONS BY LAW REVIEWS
“Law Reviews” are the most prestigious scholarly outlets of the legal profession, equivalent to medical journals published by leading medical schools. They reflect the best thinking and theorizing of our profession. To be cited by a fellow lawyer, professor or judge is a sign that your own published work is recognized as leading the field. Our partners have been cited by numerous law reviews, including those of the most renowned and respected law schools and institutions in the country. They include:
|Ivy League and other Top Tier Law Reviews:||Other Top Ranked Law Reviews and Publications:|
|Yale||Washington & Lee|
|New York University||Cardozo|
|Ohio State||American Law Journal|
|North Carolina||Journal of Corporate Law|
|U.S.C.||Journal of Bankruptcy Law & Practice|
|American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review|
|Commercial Law Journal|
|University of Denver|
The above list is not exhaustive, and does not necessarily reflect the most recent citations. A search of public or commercially available databases will reveal additional and more recent citations of the published work of our partners.