Anthony Michael Sabino co-founded Sabino & Sabino, P.C. in 1995, and is experienced in all aspects of litigating matters in federal and bankruptcy courts across the nation, including the circuit courts of appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
Anthony Sabino is a nationally known expert in complex federal litigation, white collar criminal defense work, securities arbitration and mediation, representing creditors and interested parties in bankruptcy cases, antitrust law, government regulation of business, the Uniform Commercial Code, corporate governance and related business issues, and admiralty law.
Commencing with initial pleadings, and proceeding through and including discovery, motion practice, non-prosecution agreements, mediation and settlements, class actions (prosecuting and defending), trials, and appeals, Prof. Sabino boasts a broad range and depth of litigation skills and experience, combined with extensive expertise in the substantive fields of law mentioned above.
Professor of Law
Anthony Michael Sabino is a Professor of Law, teaching in all the major practice areas listed above. In addition, he is well known for his expertise in constitutional law, partnerships, and a variety of other corporate and business law subjects.
His talent in the classroom is well known, as his students year after year have given him the highest accolades for his knowledge, expertise, and the energy he brings to the classroom.
Prof. Sabino has been voted “Professor of the Year” multiple times by his students.
Arbitrator and Mediator
Anthony Michael Sabino has well over three decades of experience arbitrating complex business disputes, including Wall Street arbitrations, where he often serves as a chair or as a solo arbitrator. Similarly, he is also an expert mediator, and has mediated numerous business disputes, as well as constitutional and civil rights cases in the federal courts.
Anthony Michael Sabino has been published well over one hundred times by the nation’s leading law schools and business journals, and his written work has been quoted as authoritative by courts and scholars across the land. Prof. Sabino has filed “friend of the court” briefs with the United States Supreme Court, including winning motions authorizing him to be heard notwithstanding opposition by interested parties.
Please click on the Articles tab above for a listing of Anthony Sabino’s most recent articles, the many courts that have cited him as an authority, and a listing of the law schools and journals that have published him.
Media-Expert Legal Commentator
Prof. Sabino is routinely interviewed by and quoted in the media: television, radio, and print. He is a frequent guest on Bloomberg Television and Bloomberg Radio, as well as numerous other TV and radio outlets.
He is often quoted by Bloomberg.com, the New York Times, and literally hundreds of other metropolitan, national, and international publications.
Please click on the Media tab above for further information concerning Anthony Sabino’s media appearances; or, you are invited to conduct your own internet search.
Anthony Michael Sabino’s Background:
- Former judicial law clerk for a prominent federal judge.
- Published well over one hundred articles for the nation’s leading law journals, which in turn have been cited by some of the country’s highest federal appellate courts, including the Fifth and Seventh Circuits (twice), and Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg while she was on the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, numerous district and bankruptcy courts, and leading law reviews across the nation.
- Expert legal commentator on television, including CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, Fox News Channel, and the BBC, on radio by Bloomberg Business Radio, AP Radio, CNN Radio, WCBS, WINS, WWOR, WABC, Voice of America, and others.
- Print quotes include the New York Times, New York Post, Daily News, Associated Press, the Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, Dow Jones, Newsday, Los Angeles Daily News, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Houston Chronicle, the Washington Post, the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Sun Times, the Miami Herald, and other newspapers and publications across the nation and the world.
- Expertise in actual legal practice and as a teacher includes complex business litigation, securities litigation and arbitration, antitrust, creditors’ rights, accountants’ liability, corporate governance, maritime law, and arbitration and mediation, representing a variety of corporate and individual clients in the federal and state courts, and in arbitrations and mediations at the stock exchanges and elsewhere.
- Fully trained and experienced arbitrator (including chair) and mediator for the stock exchanges and other organizations.
- Organizes and lectures at continuing legal education seminars on the aforementioned subjects.
COURT ADMISSIONS – Admitted to the practice of law before the following courts:
United State Supreme Court (1999)
United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (1991)
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (1991)
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (1997)
United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (2001)
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (1999)
United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (1999)
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (1984)
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York (1984)
United States District Court for the District of Arizona (1997)
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas (2001)
United States Court of Federal Claims (1999)
United States Tax Court (1984)
State of New York (1984)
State of Pennsylvania (1985)
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS of New York Lawyer Anthony Sabino:
Officer, Nassau Academy of Law (continuing legal education provider for the Nassau County Bar Association)
Past Director, Nassau County Bar Association
Past Chair, Nassau County Bar Association Committees on:
- Federal Courts
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Corporations, Banking & Securities Law
Federal Bar Association:
- Former Chair, Bankruptcy Section
- Former Member, National Council
Member, Nassau County Public Utility Agency
Member, Incorporated Village of Munsey Park (NY) Building Advisory Committee
Member, Manhasset Community Fund
LAW SCHOOL AND UNIVERSITY TEACHING EXPERIENCE:
Professor of Law (tenured)
St. John’s University, Peter J. Tobin College of Business
(Honors College, undergraduate, and graduate divisions)
Adjunct Professor of Law
St. John’s University School of Law
(Business Planning, guest lecturer Bankruptcy LL.M.)
ACADEMIC AWARDS & HONORS:
Professor of the Year, 2004
Faculty Achievement Medal, 2006
(Both St. John’s University, Peter J. Tobin School of Business)
In Memory Of
Mary Jane C. Sabino
Attorney, Professor of Law
Author, and Co-Founding Partner
Most of all, beloved wife and devoted mother.
All we do, we do with her foremost in our thoughts.